Over the last 15 years, we’ve fielded hundreds of inquiries from people caught between a rock & a very hard place.
They “booked” a DJ for their event, paid said DJ in full & now it’s hours before the party...with no DJ to be found. Inevitably, they’re looking for a last minute hero at a discount.
When hiring a professional DJ(or contractor of any type), it’s in the best interest of both parties to sign a contract containing the terms of the agreement, payment amount & expected execution date of services.
1. The easiest way to find out if you’re dealing with a professional is to ask them to sign a contract. If their response is anything but yes, go in the other direction.
2. If a dispute occurs, everything is in writing, so there’s no possibility of misinterpretation. When both parties have the same “notes,” things usually work out well.
3. A court of law highly favors written & endorsed documentation over verbal testimony. Memories fade over time; words on paper usually don’t.
4. The cost of services is clearly stated, along with the payment responsibilities of the purchaser. The contractor can’t ask for extra money after the contract is signed.
5. Months after the contract has been signed & it’s time for the execution of services, the purchaser knows what to expect & the contractor knows what to provide. And neither party has to rely on a foggy memory from weeks before.
Contracts aren’t just something lawyers created to make more money. They were created to protect the customer.
Greenvillian DJs provide quotes, contracts & invoices to all our clients. It’s part of Professional DJ Entertainment.